Pygmy Cabin Site
the road from Stop #9, a winding 300-yard trail leads to the cabin
There is much speculation and curiosity about the tiny old log
cabin, which had a height of 6 feet at the roof peak and a door barely
more than 4 feet tall. Was
the roof put on before the walls got completed because winter was
quickly approaching? Was
the job rushed so the owner could head to the nearest stream to start
panning? Or, was the
builder simply short of stature?
Fire destroyed the cabin in November of 1983.
1. Holcomb View Trail - 2.
Last Chance Placer
Wilbur's Grave (Not on the tour)
3. Two Gun Bill's Saloon - 4. Jonathan Tibbett's
Grasshopper Quartz Mill
5. Hangman's Tree - 6. Original Gold Diggings -
7. Belleville - 8. Arrasters
9. Ross' Grave - 10.Pygmy Cabin Site - 11. Metzger Mine
12. Gold Mountain A.K.A. Lucky Baldwin Mine